Q: Shifting into gears while driving

My battery died at work so i had car jumped now it wont seem to shift into gear while driving. You can shift into gear with shifter but while driving wont shift out of first and over 40 mph rpms go to and past 5. Tried removing negative terminal and resetting computer no luck

Hi there. This could simply be a coincidence or related to the jump start that was provided. Well intentions sometimes create undue situations. There could be a blown fuse or another electrical concern that is creating this concern to occur; corroded ground points and terminals, broken or frayed wires. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a transmission will not shift inspection