Q: The manual and how to fix it....5th gear is not working I went by a machanic n the gears are still not going in well

My Mazda B2000 RF engine....the manual gear box was changed but gear 5 is not working n the rest of gears are stiff...I put in the oil n all that stuff but its not working properly now I'm hearing a little noise in the gear box

Hello. If you still are not getting 5th gear then you have an issue within the transmission. If the transmission is brand new then it should be taken back to where you purchased it from. If this was a used transmission then it is faulty.

The transmission on your Mazda B2000 has a history of having internal synchronizer issues that cause this to occur. Completely rebuilding the transmission is what it will need. In some cases the issue is in the shifter assembly itself so that should be removed and checked to see if it is binding internally.

If this is something that you need to have checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.

3. The manual and how to fix it....5th gear is not working I went by a machanic n the gears are still not going in well