Q: Dynamic Stability Control light on and stuck in 3rd gear

asked by on September 21, 2016

My car’s mileage is around 161,000. The Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) light has come on and it will not turn off. The transmission light is also on and it is stuck in 3rd gear. The automatic transmission selector lever and the program display lights will not come on the dashboard. The stick shift will move to any gear from the park gear and I don’t have to press my foot on the brake pedal. This is not the first problem I’ve had with my car. It has been continually in the auto repair shop. What do you suggest that is causing these current problems?

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote
Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is likely a wheel speed sensor issue causing the DSC light to be on. It also sounds like your transmission is in "limp’ mode - being stuck in 3rd gear. The problem codes, and professional interpretation, will provide more specific repair guidance. Have an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the current problem codes and assist with repairs.