Q: Q: Shifting problem?

my car wont accelerate of shift up past 45 miles an hour. the engine light is on and it reads 1st and 3rd shift cylinoid.

3. Q: Shifting problem?

Q: Car starts, but quits; removing/replacing battery cable helps

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2002 Chrysler Intrepid. You're correct in that a transmission mechanical problem would not come and go by simply disconnecting the battery. My guess is that the transmission shift solenoid pack has failed....

Q: Key won't turn and car won't start.

If the key will not turn in the ignition normally you can try to turn the steering wheel side to side quickly while simultaneously attempting to turn your key and that may sometimes allow the key to turn. If the...

Q: Stalling at red lights, and sputters sometimes when I press the gas.

This may be a sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the...