Q: Shifter not engaging in parking

Shifter lever is not fully engaging in parking and floating around parking and reverse gear. Physically there's a little sluggish feel and the lever bottom is pressed in the whole time and won't pop out. It pops out when it is in drive. When the engine is turned off, it makes a beeping noise wanting me to put the gear in park.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds as if your shift mechanism may be out of alignment or have a damaged component. I would recommend having a qualified professional inspect your transmission to determine if your shift linkage is working properly. If this is not the case I would recommend having any necessary repairs completed at that time. It is possible that the faulty component could be located within the center console or under the vehicle on the outside of the transmission so be certain to have those areas checked.