Q: Service light soon turned on today

The service engine soon light came on and i just got the car fixed a few days ago. I replaced the lower ball joints and now that light came on. Could it be bad? When i was at the mechanic they told me the car was perfectly fine. I don't know what happened.

Your check engine light may come on for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or wires and many other reasons. Since you just had the lower ball joints replaced, this would not impact any of the systems that your check engine light may come on for. The check engine light is just that - it monitors engine functions and systems. Since your lower ball joints are part of your car’s suspension and stability system, this would not have impacted the check engine light in any way.

Due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.