Q: service engine light w/ wrench is on--EGR valve

how do I remove old EGR valve to install new one?? 1999 Saturn SL1 so can pass emissions in GA???

Hi there - this is a relatively simple repair. The EGR valve is attached to the engine with 2 bolts, and is located on the top of the engine near the driver-side end. It is close to the air cleaner and battery. Some air ductwork and vacuum hoses must be removed to get to the valve as well. Be careful to reinstall them correctly so there are no air leaks. If you decide you would prefer a professional do this repair, I would recommend having a EGR Valve Replacement Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to repair this problem.