Q: Q: Service engine light came on

I just got new test pipes on my car the check engine light came on after that then it shut off one week later the service engine light came on and it's not Turning off now all I know is when I put them on I dipped the oxygen sensors in gas to clean it I don't know why the service engine light is on

There are quite a few reasons why the service engine light illuminates, with an EVAP system malfunction such as a loose or defective gas cap, a possibility so the gas cap should always be checked first to save you money (obviously if cap is loose you can fix that yourself). If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes have caused the light to set) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the service engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. Q: Service engine light came on