Q: SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM message appears intermittently in the DIC.

The message "SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM" displays on and off. Please list - in ascending order of price - what I should check and/or replace.

Hi there. Before you have any repairs quoted or actually performed, the smart thing would be to diagnose the reason why you’re receiving this error message. This would be done by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection. This will permit them to download all stored error codes that triggered this warning light and diagnose the source of the problem. Once they’ve completed this inspection; they’ll recommend repairs which can be then quoted.