Q: Security system is activated and now the car only goes up to 50 mph - 2002 Jaguar Vanden Plas

the security system has been activated which now makes the car go up to 50 mph. What needs to be done? and my zip code location is 19940 you guys don't serve my location but can find me some in my area that can?

A: This suggests that the car has gone into a ...

This suggests that the car has gone into a fail safe mode. This is a safety mode that the car will go into when the computer has detected that a critical component has failed or is not working properly. This is a preventative measure activated by the car’s computer to keep the driver safe and/or to prevent further damage to the parts that have failed.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, look for a Check Engine Light and download any trouble codes.