Q: Security light on and can't reset it.

I tried to reset the security by the 11 minute on and 30 seconds off three times and that didn't work. Looked it up and found several things that said it could be the passlock system turning the fuel off to the fuel rack. I hooked up a car doctor up to it and it says that there is a tire speed sensor that has an open circuit on the ABS. Will that stop my truck from starting? The truck will try to start but it dies.

Hi, thanks for writing in. No, the speed sensor code will not stop your car from starting. It sounds like the security is still disabling the truck. You can try and leave the key in the on position for 30 minutes or until the security light goes out. This may reset the security system as well. This problem will continue until you have the security system fixed. This will have to be done by the dealer, since reprogramming is involved. Another possibility is the fuel pump has gone up and can’t apply fuel and fuel pressure to the fuel rail for the truck to start. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.