Q: Screen is white & blinking on small screen navigation

The screen went blank on my small screen navigation. I can’t see anything on the screen because it is white and blinking. However, I can listen to music and radio with the songs. The day before this started I had disconnected the battery. Would that have caused the screen to go blank like this or do you think this is from something else?

A: When you disconnected the battery, was the ...

When you disconnected the battery, was the screen on at the time? You may have given the screen a voltage surge and burned it out. Have a mechanic check the screen out to see if the unit is bad and needs to be replaced or if it just needs to be reconnected to the system using a factory scanner. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your electrical issue.