Q: RPM needle moves up and down and then car shuts off when starting it. This happens intermittent. Runs good some days, others no.

When I start my car, the RPM needle moves up and down between 0 and 1, then the car shuts off. It turns over just fine but will shut off a few seconds after it turns over. It will do this 2-4 times before it stays on, but sometimes a little "wrench" light will come on, on the dashboard causing the car to move slower than usual. Some days it drives fine with no service lights or start up issues. Other days it has a rough start as described above. I took the car to Ford. Ford replaced the EGR Valve, EGR pigtail, cleaned the throttle body, replaced a crack fuel valve, cleaned air flow sensor, replaced air filter, and completed a fuel induction service. $1537.29 later, my car doesn't even slightly run different. Took it back to the Ford, they replaced the PCM under warranty. My car still runs the exact same. This is my first Ford car and the worst experience ever. Took it to Auto Zone P0300, P2195, P2197, P0053, P0059, P061B codes are coming up as of 3/21/2017.

Hello, thank you for writing in. With all of the various codes and systems being effected, you may be experiencing a vacuum leak. While everything the dealership did was understandable to some extent, a vacuum leak test needs to be done. This can be done at home if with the proper tools. It will require a test kit from your automotive parts store. There are several ways to perform this test, so make sure you pick the method you are most comfortable with. Start by testing the intake, and obtain a vacuum diagram for help on where to test. For more help with this testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. RPM needle moves up and down and then car shuts off when starting it. This happens intermittent. Runs good some days, others no.