Q: Rough shifting. Manual trans.

Gears shift fine with car off. Vehicle running... it's hard to shift into gear (grinds badly), and when I do the car will move forward/ backward with clutch fully depressed. No visible leaks with new master cylinder, slave and hydraulic lines. Lines have been bled as best as I can get them. New disc, pressure plate and TO bearing as well. Aamco said I have a collapsed pressure plate. I'm wondering if I installed the TO bearing wrong. Could this cause the pressure plate to collapse? Does a clutch peddle adjustment need done? HELP!!!

If the synchros inside the transmission are worn badly, this can also cause grinding when trying to change gears as the synchros help to slow or speed up the internals for the next exchange for a smoother shift. Your concern sounds more like there may still be some air trapped in the system so it should be bled some more just to make sure especially when you mentioned the vehicle will move with the clutch pedal to the floor. This means the clutch is still not engaged and there is not enough pressure on the pressure plate. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the system and attempt to bleed the system more before offering a more personal diagnosis if your transmission concerns.

3. Rough shifting. Manual trans.