Q: Revving noise in engine.

When starting my vehicle, it makes an accelerating and decelerating revving noise continuously and when the car is warm enough, the noise stops. If I bring the vehicle to a full stop, the noise then continues once more. It also doesn't mark gas properly. as I accelerate the gas gauge moves up and the same happens with deceleration. This has been going on for about 2 weeks.

There are over 20 potential causes of surging but a mechanic would initially evaluate the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system, vacuum or air induction leaks, fuel supply and fuel pump control circuit, spark plug(s) and the ignition system, and fuel injector(s). If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an inconsistent engine speed diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. With regard to the gas gauge malfunction, that is likely an electrical issue either with the sending unit, the gauge display and/or the interconnecting wiring. The service to request to get that problem diagnosed and repaired is an electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Revving noise in engine.