Q: Reverse lights stopped working.

I replaced my engine battery in my hybrid car. There was an issue getting the battery out, as it appeared to be the original battery that came with the car in 2006. Shortly after the replacement, I noticed my reverse lights stopped working. I checked the bulbs, they were fine. Checked the fuses, they were fine. My friend thinks it might be the relay box. Which of course is a more expensive repair. My brake lights are fine, except one has gone out, but we believe it is the bulb.

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing happening with the hybrids? I do know certain types of repairs have to be done a little differently due to the hybrid nature of the vehicle.

Hello, thanks for writing in. If your reverse lights are not working, then it may be possible that your reverse light switch has gone out. As the name implies, the reverse light switch is the component that controls the reverse lights. It is mounted on the transmission, and when it goes bad can cause the reverse lights to malfunction. If the switch is good, then it may be possible that the problem is engine related. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this light issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Reverse lights stopped working.