Q: Reduced engine power

My engine has reduced power.

I’m assuming that you are getting a message that says "Reduced Engine Power" in the driver information center. This is most likely due to a problem with the throttle system.

There is no cable to actuate the throttle body; instead, your vehicle has sensors that determine how far you are pressing the gas pedal. This is translated through the electronic actuator that opens and closes the throttle body. When there is a problem with one of the sensors or actuators in this system, it will reduce engine power because it does not know how far the throttle body is opened. Once the fault in the throttle system is repaired, the Reduced Engine Power message will go away.

My suggestion is to hire a good mobile mechanic to run a scan on your "Reduced Engine Power" message to get to the bottom of the issue.

3. Q: Reduced engine power