Q: Rear windows regulator assemblies replaced four times

Four times I have had to replace the rear window regulator assemblies in my car. Twice on the driver’s side rear window and twice on the passenger’s side rear window. The main pieces, like the pulleys and parts that support the whole weight of the glass windows, are made of cheap plastic components that do not hold up under regular daily use and end up breaking. In addition, the motors do not shut off automatically when the windows are fully up or down. This causes significant stress that breaks the plastic components and also damage the device. The regulators are sold as one with the motor. The installation of the replacement regulators is difficult because of the rivets that hold the units in place. All of this causes a very expensive fee. Can you tell me any alternatives or even a way that I could do this myself to save some money?

Hello. This commonly occurs on this vehicle due to the windows binding up in the tracks. When this occurs, it puts extra stress on the components which causes them to break. If the windows are moving fine and smooth, then the issue may be in the window switch itself.

This is what allows the window to stop when it reaches the correct spot. It does this by detecting the change in amperage. It needs to be tested by doing an amperage draw test to see if it is failing. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the window problem in order to have this corrected properly.

3. Rear windows regulator assemblies replaced four times