Q: Rear differential temp light on - 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca

When I start driving, the dashboard shows the rear differential temperature light on. It stays on all the time during driving. When I come to a halt, the light disappears. There is no flickering. I had the connector checked and it's fine. The oil is at a good level and looks fine. What are the possible causes of this issue?

A: Despite the connector appearing OK, this is...

Despite the connector appearing OK, this is an indication of 0 (zero) resistance or a short in this circuit. It's possible the temperature sensor on the differential is itself shorted, or there is a short elsewhere in this circuit. This needs further diagnosis by a professional mechanic. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, inspect your electrical wiring to figure out the cause of the illuminated rear differential light and make any necessary repairs.