Q: Ran out of gas and put in diesel by mistake. Dealership drained the gas and changed the fuel injectors. Then they cleaned the system and now it has lost compression.

I was on the highway and I ran oht of gas. my friend brought me diesel accident and we tried turning and turning it until I eventually got it towed home. at home I was confused so I decided to try to boost it and still no success. I had the truck towed to the dealership to which they drained all my gas, cleaned the system out comoletely, failed to unclog the fuel injector. after the new injectors were installed the truck just turns and turns and now it turns out that there's no compression and i need a new engine. I dont understand how this is

Hi there. Take a compression gauge and put it into the spark plug holes and remove all the other spark plugs. Then disable the ignition power to the coils. Then crank the engine over with the throttle open all the way. Check to see what the compression is on the engine. If there is good compression, then the engine did not loose compression. The fuel pump may have burned up from having diesel in the fuel and left in there too long. If there is no compression on all of the cylinders, then either the head gasket is completely burned up on both banks or all of the exhaust valves are burned. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine not starting after cleaning out the fuel system from accidentally putting in diesel in the fuel tank.

• Ran out of gas and put in diesel by mistake. Dealership drained the gas and changed the fuel injectors. Then they cleaned the system and now it has lost compression.