Q: Radiator overheats

My radiator overheats, even though I replaced the thermostat, seals, and water pump.

Engine overheating has dozens of potential causes. However, you have addressed some of the most common offenders. I assume you replaced these items in order to remedy overheating that was already occurring. If an engine overheats even once, extensive engine damage can result. At this point, I would start by performing a block test on your engine. This test checks for excessive hydrocarbons in the cooling system, which could indicate an internal engine leak, such as a cracked head or blown head gasket. A combustion leak could be both the result, and symptom of your overheating concern. I suggest you contact a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your Pontiac’s overheating issue firsthand.