Q: Rack and pinion

I had my rack and pinion replaced and it's making a straining noise while turning left what could that be

A: Was the power steering system flushed at th...

Was the power steering system flushed at the time of the service? Dirty fluid or a misalignment can cause the power steering pump to groan when turning the wheel. Return to the facility that performed the repair and have them check the condition of the fluid and the power steering pump. If you would like this to repaired elsewhere, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the sound and follow through with appropriate repairs.