I put one cup of Rain-X in my engine coolant spot. I already started the car and ran it for about 5 to 10 minutes not sure what I should do
My car has 80000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
Hi there - while this may not cause overheating, it will not improve cooling as you intended. Rain-X(R) causes water to bead up on a windshield - that is - to NOT stick to it. You want the opposite in a cooling liquid - to make the coolant attach to the engine block surface for the most efficient transfer of heat to the coolant. There are products that help this process - WaterWetter(R) for example. I would highly recommend having a coolant flush and refill with fresh antifreeze by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, make this repair, and get your cooling system back in order.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing