Q: Put key in ignition. Lights and everything come on for a second, then went off as I turned the key. Now no power, key stuck

I put the key in the ignition and started to turn the car on. First click of the key and the lights and everything looks good. As I turned it further to the start position, all lights go off, no power in car whatsoever, and the key won't turn back to release, so key is stuck in ignition. Bad ignition switch?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This sounds like your battery cable connections are corroded or loose at the battery. Try to see if the battery connections are loose by wiggling them and see if power returns. If power returns, then have the cables removed, cleaned, and reconnected to test the battery. Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Put key in ignition. Lights and everything come on for a second, then went off as I turned the key. Now no power, key stuck