Q: Problems with the heating in the car

Hello. I'm having heating problems with my car. There is very little heat. If I set up the temperature on cold and the fan on high, then the vents give of a lot of air. However, the air amount from the vents lessens as I turn the temperature to hot. There is no decrease in fan. There is a sound like there is a blockage in there and the air is diverted. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Most of the Rendezvous models are equipped with automatic climate control. In this system when the air conditioning is used, the air will automatically be directed to the panel vents to reach the drivers face. However, when the heat is selected using the automatic function, the air will be directed to the floor and the defrost vents prevent the window from fogging up and drying the drivers eyes out. Before having an inspection performed on your HVAC system or any repairs done, I would recommend making sure you are not in the automatic function when this issue is occurring. Set your temperature to hot, then adjust the mode selector to blow air from the panel vents manually. If this does not resolve your issue, I would recommend having an HVAC inspection performed on your AC and heating system.