Q: Problem with the engine. Stalling and fuel system issues.

started having problems with fuel , replaced fuel pump ,new fuel lines ,new fuel pressure regulator, new relay .the truck was running fine now it just sputters an stalls out again seems like its not getting fuel again what can a check next

You have done a good job of updating parts that may not have failed, but do tend to wear down and not work proficiently. When you replace the fuel pump, you must always replace the fuel filter as well. If the filter is not new, specially with your high mileage, it will create excess restriction on the pump and wear it down prematurely. This may be one of your issues.

The other component you have not spoken about inspecting is the fuel injectors. These may have failed or be clogged. You can test them with multimeter, and may be able to detect some faults with a diagnostic scan. They are prone to getting clogged, and even more likely if you use poor quality fuel.

The other factor, which you may want to try first, is to verify all the repairs you have already made are holding. Its not uncommon when so many components have been messed with, that there is a minor detail that was overlooked. Retrace your steps and look at getting a diagnostic code scan performed. Look at the fuel filter and injectors.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location and diagnose the stalling issue firsthand.

3. Problem with the engine. Stalling and fuel system issues.