Q: Power windows malfunctioning

Several months ago, my power windows started malfunctioning. I had the switches changed, which worked well. However, now they quit working again on both the passenger's and driver's side. The roof windows work well. What can I do to fix this? Can I fix it myself or do I need a pro mechanic?

A: In the junction box there is a main power r...

In the junction box there is a main power relay that supplies power to the power window switch and motors. This relay gets its work side power from a 30A fuse. These items need to be checked. If power is present from the relay, then the issue lies in the switch assembly, wiring, or motors. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the test equipment and expertise to diagnose the window issue and make necessary repairs.