Q: Power steering pump

I just had a rebuilt engine put in and now my powwe steering pump is out and it was fine before they worke on my car. Is it not working because of the engine installation

This would be difficult to answer without inspecting the pump personally to see what the failure cause is. Typically when an engine is replaced, all the exterior accessories - power steering pump, a/c compressor,etc, are transferred from the old engine to the new one. If for example, the shaft seal is leaking fluid, that is not really something that could have been caused while transferring the pump. Seals wear with age and mileage. Unless the pump is physically damaged (dented, cracked), it would be difficult to give you an absolute YES it was damaged during the engine replacement.