Q: Power Steering Pressure Hose Fitting

Hi,

My car is leaking power steering fluid. Figured out that it is the line between the pump and the power steering rack. So I have been looking for a power steering pressure hose, but everywhere I have looked has the wrong fitting. All the wrong fittings are 16mm. I hammered on a 12mm socket to get my fitting out of the rack. I have not been able to find a fitting that fits my car. Please help!

• CJ

Hi there. From the description you have given, I understand your frustration trying to find the correct power steering pressure hose. Being a 1998, it is unlikely, the dealership would still have one on the shelf. Aftermarket power steering hoses are seldom manufactured the same as OEM (original equipment manufacturer). The wrench fitting may not be the same. It is the thread diameter and pitch that are more important. If, you find you are unsuccessful with locating the correct power steering hose. I recommend having your vehicle’s leaking power steering pressure hose be inspected and replaced by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Power Steering Pressure Hose Fitting