Q: Possible throttle issue

When the car is driven over a certain mph, it acts like fuel isn't getting to the engine. The fuel filter was replaced, so that's not the problem. My boyfriend says it looks like the throttle could be the issue.

A: Hi there. The throttle body on your vehicle...

Hi there. The throttle body on your vehicle has a throttle plate that is opened by a cable which is attached the the throttle pedal in the vehicle. Over time, this cable can stretch. A longer cable requires further pedal travel to achieve the same opening angle of the throttle plate. A clogged engine air filter can choke the engine under higher loads. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for possible power loss and suggest an appropriate repair.