Q: Possible security system problem. Engine starts and then dies.

Truck was dead jump start it and engine starts then dies like the fuel system is shut off?

The security system would disable the vehicle from starting in the first place and the vehicle would not even turn over. It is unlikely that this is the issue.

Do you know that the battery is working? Try to check the battery first.

If you suspect the issue is fuel related, you are in the realm of possibilities. The fuel pump or filter can cause a no-start situation. The fuel pump relay can also fail and prevent the pump from working. When was the last time you had the filter serviced? If it has been a while, get it serviced soon and replace it if necessary.

The next thing to check would be the spark. Use a plug tester to make sure that the plugs receive the power they need. You may also need to get your spark plugs replaced depending on their condition.

If you know that all these components are working fine, you may want to scan the vehicle for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. The computer may have caught an issue with an electrical component. If you need assistance, get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your car and determine why it is not starting.

3. Possible security system problem. Engine starts and then dies.