Q: p0011 code,check engine light one, changed bank 1 vvt solenoid and check engine light still on?

service engine light on, pulled p0011 code, change bank 1 solenoid and check engine light came back on in same amount of time it came on with old solenoid also.spoke to few mechanics and 1 said they need to clean potential dirty oil and another mechanic said it could be timing and another mechanic said he open oil cap and with a flashlight looked inside engine and said it looks clean and probably not engine sludge. Need help with potential issue and fix before i pay for expensive mechanical guesses

The P0011 code is typically caused by oil issues with the car. I would particularly make sure the engine oil level is not low. The VVT solenoid relies on proper oil levels to do their job. If they don’t have enough oil, they won’t work. You can have a mobile technician from YourMechanic visit your home or office to inspect the Check Engine Light for you. If you follow through with a repair with us you will be reimbursed for the cost of inspection.

• p0011 code,check engine light one, changed bank 1 vvt solenoid and check engine light still on?