Q: Overheating nightmare!

okay so this is a bit of a long one...so i have replaced the radiator, the temp sensor, the thermostat, and the fan motor on my car...now before i had all of those things replaced i had my fan straight wired to my battery and then with a switch that ran inside my car at one point even...well the wiring that was used apparently wasnt right or something because they kept melting so i was like this just needs to be fixed...well the person that put the new fan motor in (which i thought was uneccesary in the first place seeing as how it spun like a champ direct connected to my battery-but i really dont know too much about cars ) it has been making a super loud metal like clinking sound whenever it does decice to finally kick on ...bad news is my car is STILL overheating....ughhhhh. what is even more strange is it seems like the temp gauge inside my car seems to flux more than it did in the past...im so frustrated with this whole entire issue...S.O.S PLZ

A: Hi there. Proper diagnosis needs to be perf...

Hi there. Proper diagnosis needs to be performed. As you already know, replacing parts without diagnosis, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. The radiator cooling fan motor noise, sounds like something must be loose. Continued driving with overheating issues could lead to catastrophic and expensive repairs. The cooling system should be tested for signs of combustion gases, utilizing a combustion leakage test fluid. If it passes the test, then it’s possible the water pump impeller is loose or deteriorated. It’s possible that the cooling system has air trapped and needs to be properly bled. A cooling system flush could resolve this problem. You did not state any loss of performance, which leads me to believe is not restricted to the exhaust. I recommend having your vehicle’s overheating problem diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.