Q: Overheating, mostly when car is not going forward

1st symptom: radiator started leaking. Had to change top compartment of it. 2nd symptom: smells something hot from the motor 3rd symptom: 4 overhead spark plug bobbins burnt out I don't see over-temperature on the temperature gauge in the panel. Even when the car is running, at its normal temperature, the fans are not working for most of the time. I have seen that they start only for 10 or 15 seconds and then they stop. You can smell that it's hot, as if the cables are overheating. I suspect something wrong with temperature switch or fan relay. I had just changed the 6 bobbins and I think they will burn out soon if overheat continues. Your kind help is appreciated.

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the fans are not coming on then it may be possible that the fan switch or fan relay are bad. I would test them to see if either of them need to be replaced. Keep in mind that most fans are wired to run only while the temperature is hot, and to shut off when the temperature falls back below the specified limit. If the switches are good then it may be possible that there is an issue with the cooling system that needs to be addressed. If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Overheating, mostly when car is not going forward