Q: Q: Overheating

Car started overheating. Cooled off when ac was on. Replaced fan clutch, thermostat did coolant flush now car overheats with the ac on?! Recently replaced radiator. Any ideas?

My car has 199k miles, has a manual transmission.

Hi there. One of the most common causes of overheating issues like you’ve described are air bubbles trapped in the coolant system. There is a vehicle specific process for bleeding the cooling system anytime you add or remove coolant from the system. If this process was not followed, it is possible that air bubbles will be created in the system. I would start by looking up your Volkswagen’s steps for bleeding the coolant system correctly either online or in a service and repair manual for your Passat. If this is completed but you are still having overheating issues, feel free to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete a car is overheating inspection.

3. Q: Overheating