Q: Out of the blue when I started car, the engine and gas was fine when cranked but the car did not fully start. The engine oil pressure light came on.

Checked Engine Oil dip stick and level is 1 L not sure if thats too low. Car is cranking and I can hear gas flowing but again its not fully cutting over and the Engine Oil Pressure light is on and the Check engine light or Malfunction Lamp.

Hi there. Check the engine oil level. If the oil level is low, then top off and recheck the symptoms. If the engine oil is full and the oil pressure light is lit up on the dash, then either the oil pressure sensor has failed or the oil pump has failed. Take a look at the oil pressure sensor and see if the contacts are loose or damaged. If the oil pressure sensor seems to be intact, then I recommend removing the sensor and putting in a test gauge and checking the oil pressure as the engine is cranked. If there is oil pressure of 25 psi or greater, then the oil pressure sensor needs replaced. If there is no oil pressure, then the oil pump needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your warning lights being on for the engine oil, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Out of the blue when I started car, the engine and gas was fine when cranked but the car did not fully start. The engine oil pressure light came on.