Q: Our check engine light had come on and the mechanics replaced our catalytic converter.

We are driving to Florida and our check engine blinked some but, now is on constantly . Should we be concerned

The Check Engine Light should be checked and diagnosed before you go on the trip to avoid a mishap. Although the severity of Check Engine Light codes can vary greatly, the code triggered in your system may point to a fault that may cause problems on your trip and leave you stranded with a large repair bill if damage to any components occur. At the very least, I would have the codes pulled by a mechanic with a scanner before the road trip so that you know what system the Check Engine Light code(s) are related to, so you can gauge how risky it is to drive with the light on.

• Our check engine light had come on and the mechanics replaced our catalytic converter.