Q: Opinion about Toyota die-cast aluminum engines

What do you thinkk about Toyota die-cast aluminum engines and their longevity?

A: There are well-built engines that last a lo...

There are well-built engines that last a long time if you change the oil regularly. Realize that those aluminum die-cast engines have matrixes built in them. Originally, they sleeve them down with stainless steel, which of course works quite fine but it costs more money to do.

Now, most of them have a matrix built in them made from special materials. That keeps pistons from wearing and the aluminum cylinder walls. They work quite well, but with that said, do change your oil regularly. I personally don't believe in changing oil every 10,000 miles. A lot of times, the Toyota dealers say use synthetic oil and change it every 10,000 miles. I would change it every 5,000 miles with synthetic oil, just to be sure. In the long run, proper maintenance and oil changes are a lot cheaper than having to replace engine.