Q: on a 2009 Golf 1,4I Intermittent self start problem-on turning the key there is a 'wizz" sound but the starter does not kick in.

on a 2009 Golf 1,4I Intermittent self start problem-on turning the key there is a 'wizz" sound but the starter does not kick in. this has been happening for a couple of weeks, a few days its ok, then it will occur again then a day or two ok etc. I have had the battery & alt charge rate checked- is all good & to spec. Could this be a relay prob or a starter motor prob even though it works perfectly when it does work. Could the bendix be "sticking" intermittently & would I be able to ascertain this if I remove & inspect the starter motor?

3. on a 2009 Golf 1,4I Intermittent self start problem-on turning the key there is a 'wizz" sound but the starter does not kick in.