Q: Oil pump or piston rings

My car has smoke when starting up looks whitish I have to put oil in the car because it's consuming a lot there are no leaks car performs normally.

If your car is using more than a quart of oil every 1,500 to 2,000 miles or so, you should look into the causes to see if anything can be done about it (short of rebuilding the engine, of course). White smoke on start up is often just simply condensation turning to steam in the exhaust, however, sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between condensation and some oil in the cylinder that is burning off due to leaking valve stem oil seals. You can determine if the rings are leaking, versus perhaps the valves, by performing a compression test and/or a cylinder leak down test, if necessary. For an engine that is 14 years old, you would most likely reduce oil consumption, and smoke, by simply replacing the valve stem oil seals. If you would like a diagnostic to determine if the smoke is from an internal oil leak (e.g., leaking valve stem oil seals versus rings), please request a smoke diagnostic - high oil consumption and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.