Q: Oil Leakage (Gas Leakage)

Oil Leakage (Gas Tank). If something does need to be replaced will the mechanic do it on the spot? I just want to understand what all is included when a mechanic comes and the cost.

Generally, of course, the first thing to accomplish is to identify the source of the leak(s). If you suspect a gas tank leak, that identification of the leak would occur if you request a gas tank leak diagnostic. In practice, yes repairs could commence immediately after the diagnostic, once you were given an estimate of course, but sometimes parts will have to be ordered. If a gas tank were required, as opposed to just a hose repair, of course not all gas tanks are stocked locally and if the tank straps are rusted, those would have to be procured as well. But, to answer your basic question, yes, if it is your desire that repairs begin on the spot, subject to scheduling of course, the mechanic would meet your needs as best he or she could. If you desire to have the leak pinpointed and then get the details as to repair strategy and cost, simply schedule the diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.