Q: Q: Oil leak?

I opened the hood of my escape and there is oil all over the inside of the hood and all over the what I think is the serpentine belt. I have no idea what it could be. I do have a warranty but I dont trust JD Byrider to fix the problem, just want to know what you think the issue is.

Check to make sure the oil fill cap, typically on the valve cover, is in place. If it is engine oil (and not power steering fluid for example), possible leak points are the oil pressure sending unit, valve covers and any external crank or cam seals. The leak is large enough that the source will be readily apparent on the mechanic’s examination. If you desire, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform an oil leak diagnostic and then let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Oil leak?