Q: White smoke from exhaust while idling when pedal is pressed. Vehicle is a 2008 BMW 750i

The vehicle is producing white smoke when idling and is wasting motor oil, but there are no oil leaks. The crank case valve gaskets were replaced, but the problem persists.

The white smoke is usually a sign that you may have a blown head gasket which is also accompanied by the car overheating. The engine is also most likely burning the oil which is why it is consuming it but without any visual leaks.

Try checking the oil to see if you find any signs of water in the oil. Also, check the radiator coolant to see if there are any signs of oil in the coolant. If so, it is quite likely that your engine has a blown head gasket and will need to be repair before driving any longer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the smoking issue firsthand and advise you on the appropriate repair.

3. White smoke from exhaust while idling when pedal is pressed. Vehicle is a 2008 BMW 750i