Q: Not sure what is wrong with my car and I feel like my mechanic may be trying to rip me off

I had my car towed to the shop because all the oil had leaked out due to a Crack in the oil pan. He said he sealed it and it didnt work so he thinks it's my engine. Any ideas? Also when they got it off the tow truck I told him not to start it because there wasn't any oil and he went against my wishes and when he did I heard a loud noise and then seen a bunch of white smoke come from under the hood. Is it possible he broke it more??

If your oil pan was cracked prior to towing to the shop, there is a good chance that your engine was damaged prior to getting to the shop. There is no way to tell whether or not his starting it would have damaged it more than it may have already been. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your oil pan.

• Not sure what is wrong with my car and I feel like my mechanic may be trying to rip me off