Q: Not enough power when accelerator pushed.

I have a 2002 chevy silverado with a vortec engine put into it. It doesn't look factory installed by cond. of truck vs motor but when I push on the accelerator it takes it about the to four seconds to get a good high rpm going like it doesn't have a quick enough response.I know when I tried pulling out into traffic today I had absolutely no speed or power with the gas fully pegged

A: A lack of acceleration could be caused by m...

A lack of acceleration could be caused by multiple issues. Such as failing spark plugs, failing spark plug wires, failing ignition coils, clogged fuel filter, failing fuel pump, clogged injectors, or possibly even a mechanical issue such as damaged valves or pistons. With so many different variables in play, my best recommendation would be to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car’s acceleration issue to determine what repairs are needed.