Q: Car sputtering and rough idle

asked by on February 11, 2018

Today I replaced my spark plugs, spark plug wires,ignition coil, fuel filter and my canister vent valve solenoid. After replacing these, upon start up it rough idles and sputters pretty badly. When Just siting after that it’ll rough idle occasionally and it makes a spitter noise. It never did this until I replaced these parts. What could it be and how can I fix it?

It appears you may have damaged one of the spark plugs putting it in or one of the parts failed. You will need to have the computer tested for codes to see i it stored a failure code for one of the plugs, wires or coil.