Q: No oil pressure, starts and stalls.

Van stalled had to get it pushed home. New battery, new coil packs, replaced number 5 plug, it said misfire. Now if it starts it is very rough, loud, and shuts off. No oil pressure, spring valves on one side are not moving. Oil pump drive not moving, oil sending unit good.

Honestly, as a technician I would recommend an engine replacement or finding another vehicle. An engine with 213k miles is not worth doing extensive repairs on, as you will likely have other problems. From what I’ve read the engine has bottom end problems with the crankshaft or timing chain. Both of which are expensive to replace and diagnose.

I am leaning towards timing chain issues, which could also potentially damage other engine components (especially after running without a functioning oil pump).

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a professional mechanic who will be able to diagnose cars stalling symptoms firsthand.

3. No oil pressure, starts and stalls.