Q: I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and yesterday leaving work when I started my car none of my gages work, the airbag light is on, my rad

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and yesterday leaving work when I started my car none of my gages work, the airbag light is on, my radio stopped working, and my steering wheel is tight and won’t turn. My dad checked my fuses and replaced my ignition switch but the problem is still there. He thinks it’s lost power somewhere but is not sure where. I’m trying to figure out the problem I need help.

Given the number of electrical items (the dash gauges) that are not functioning, there is possibly a common wiring or device (relay for instance) failure. Basically, to diagnose something like this you power the circuit "on" and then with the factory service manual wiring diagram in hand you trace the circuit until you find the interruption. The key is to follow the diagram systematically. Again, due to the number of items that are "out", tracing one circuit may reveal the fault common to all. The steering fault could be electrical in nature as well (you have electric power steering), although there are other mechanical and possibly hydraulic components in that system that would have to be considered. I do not see a specific technical bulletin from GM on your steering issue but, notably, around the time of your model year, GM did have some problems with the then new electric power steering systems and there were service campaigns. What I suggest is you request an electrical components diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will diagnose all these faults and estimate the required repairs and cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox and yesterday leaving work when I started my car none of my gages work, the airbag light is on, my rad