Q: Maintenance light keeps coming on

I have service done, all the messages are deleted and erased, a week passes by and the messages reappear. the question is, if I have all the messages deleted and erased, will the car pass a smog test if no mechanical problems exist?

I’m assuming you’re talking about the maintenance required light. If the light keeps coming back on, it means that it is not getting properly reset at the time of service. The reset procedure varies, depending on whether your vehicle is equipped with navigation or not. Reset procedures can be found in your owner’s manual. You can carry them out yourself. The maintenance required light will not prevent your vehicle from passing emissions, however, the check engine (service engine soon) light will.