Q: No lights or start after changing brake booster and switch on a 97 Silverado.

I replaced brake booster, I noticed brake lights not working I took off and inspected the brake light switch. Now it won't start or even try, the headlights do not work, the hazards make a constant vibrating sound. The fuses are good, bulbs are good, I'm sure it's a wiring issue but I cant figure it out. The inside dome lights work and wiggling stuff sometimes gives the door open sound. It was working before I messed with the brake switch. I tried pushing together every wiring connection I could. Need help badly.

Hello. You need to start by checking to make sure that you did not pinch any of the wires that run along the firewall. If you did, then they will need to be repaired. I would also check the battery.

If you did this with the truck door open then the vehicle battery may just be dead or it may have a loose connection. This is what I would suspect. If neither one of these are the problem, then a voltage meter will be needed for further diagnosis. If you want to have this electrical problem checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system and follow through with any needed adjustments.

• No lights or start after changing brake booster and switch on a 97 Silverado.